The solution is a common-sense systems project management and development methodology, the Dynamic Secure Systems Engineering Methodology (DS2EM). Research, design, development, and testing of DS2EM has been going on for many years with huge success rates.
Purpose and Outcomes of the DS2EM Project
- Develop formalized standards for DS2EM.
- Publish the DS2EM methodology and standards.
- Develop curriculums to teach DS2EM.
- Design and develop a management system to help manage DS2EM projects.
Overview of DS2EM
The Dynamic Secure Systems Engineering Methodology will greatly contribute to the Systems Development industry in many ways. The primary benefits include significantly reducing development costs, increasing the quality of project results, mitigating security risks, and reducing the number of failed systems development projects and data breaches.
Attributes of D2SEM (Partial List)
- Embraces simplicity and common sense
- More effective project teams
- Provides a thorough process for requirements gathering
- Provides a solid process for cost and time estimation
- Provides built-in security mitigation
- Provides for rapid systems development
- Provides a solid process for mid-project changes
- Does not require a change in organizational culture or structure
- Provides for stronger stakeholder involvement
- Provides a foundation for repeatable success
Benefits of DS2EM (Partial List)
- Significantly reduces development costs
- Increases quality of project results
- Fosters team productivity and creativity
- Reduces or eliminates project waste
- Reduces the number of failed systems development projects
- Significantly reduces data breaches
- Saves money and other resources